Abstract Submission is now closed for the 2018 ADIPS ASM.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I START MY SUBMISSION
Are you using one of the following browsers?
INTERNET EXPLORER (ver 5.5 or newer)
NETSCAPE (ver 7.4 or newer) or
MOZILLA (ver 1.3 or newer)
If not the screen will tell you if it detects you are using the wrong software and you would be better to change to a computer with one of the above browsers installed.
Is your abstract open and running on your own computer? – You need to be able to cut and paste it onto the web. (Note that keypad short cuts do not work with Mozilla, you need to use the Menu, Edit, Paste command to paste in text to your submission).
Abstract Submission Deadline expired
- ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Maximum text length allowed is 320 words in length including sub-headings. To assist your preparation, abstracts may be structured under the sub-headings Aims, Methods, Results, Conclusions. The sub-headings must be concise, with only the first word starting with a capital letter.
- Abstracts reporting quantitative studies should contain the planned accrual target and the actual number of patients recruited, levels of significance and confidence intervals of results. Abstracts of qualitative research should indicate how they chose their sample size (e.g. data saturation) and the methodology of analysis.
- Most of the submitted abstracts will be allocated posters as there will only be a limited number of slots for oral presentations. The best posters will be selected for specific poster presentation sessions with a discussant.
- Images are not accepted in abstracts.
- WHAT ARE THE STEPS INVOLVED IN UPLOADING MY ABSTRACT
The first step in uploading your abstract is to record your personal details on your own ‘dashboard’. If you have already completed it for your registration or another ASN event, you will not have to repeat this, just login to your ‘dashboard’ as a returning delegate. As you complete your registration you will receive a confirmation email. You will be able to upload your abstract via your personal 'dashboard.
You can use your email and password to access your abstract submission at any time.
The presenting author must be the person submitting the abstract and they must do this from their own ‘dashboard’.
You can cut and paste your abstract in several simple steps. The benefits of this system are many but include:
- Allowing you to preview your abstract and make modifications to your satisfaction.
- Ensuring you know your lodgement is completed as you will receive an immediate email confirmation.
- Ensuring accurate indexing of all authors in the abstract book.
- Ensuring consistent presentation of all abstracts in the proceedings (overarching formatting is imposed).
When you've finished the submission you will receive a confirmation email with your Abstract Submission Reference Number. You can view or edit your abstract by returning to your dashboard.
If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact ASN Events.
- CAN I MAKE CHANGES TO MY SUBMISSION AFTER IT HAS BEEN FINALISED?
Changes can be made to your abstract until the scoring process begins. Just return to your Conference Dashboard and select the Edit option under Abstracts. The edit option will no longer appear once scoring has commenced.
- WHEN WILL I FIND OUT MY RESULT?
Notification of programming decisions will come from the secretariat shortly after the expiry of deadlines and the working program will be posted to the web site. It will also appear on your own ‘dashboard’. The notification will include specific presentation instructions but in the interim, those preparing posters should note the maximum size allowed is 100cm wide by 120cm deep. Velcro will be available to fix the poster to the boards. Computer data projection is the preferred presentation method for orals.
- WILL MY ABSTRACT BE PUBLISHED ONLINE?
A couple of weeks before the meeting, the final program will be published to this online and will be accessible to delegates on the conference 'app'.